Certified Association of the Indian Institute (CAIIB)
What is Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB)?
Acronym for Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers., aims at providing the advanced knowledge necessary for better decision making covering risk, financial and general bank management.
CAIIB aims at providing the advanced knowledge necessary for better decision making covering risk, financial and general bank management.
The CAIIB exam is only for the ordinary members of the Institute.
A candidate applying for CAIIB must have completed JAIIB.
This certificate course widely recognized across the banking industry. The aspirants include employees of RBI, NABARD, SIDBI and all commercial banks, cooperative banks and Regional Rural Banks. The candidates get benefits from their employers in the form of incentives, increments, and promotions by passing CAIIB exam.
CAIIB has three subjects of which 2 are compulsory and 1 is optional (out of 11 electives)
- Advanced Bank Management
- Bank Financial Management
- Elective papers (you have to choose any ONE)
- Corporate Banking
- Rural Banking
- International Banking
- Retail Banking
- Co-operative Banking
- Financial Advising
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Central Banking
- Treasury Management
Pattern of examination:
- Objective type (multiple choice) questions.
- About 100 questions per subject are asked for the duration of two hours. The Institute may, however, vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject.
- Each subject carries 100 marks. There is no negative mark for wrong answers.
- The examination is held online.
Questions for the JAIIB / CAIIB Examination will be asked calling for :
- Knowledge testing
- Conceptual grasp
- Analytical / logical exposition
- Problem solving
- Case analysis
- Further, questions based on current developments in banking and finance may be asked.
- Candidates are advised to refer to financial newspapers/periodicals including ‘‘IIB VISION’’ and ‘‘Bank Quest’’ published by the Institute.
After a long time I met a dynamic personality like Shanker Sir. As a results, I cleared JAIIB and CAIIB in the very first attempt. Excellent training. Thank you Sir. I am indebted to you!!!